Thank you Lisa Lampanelli!!
Posted on 07/11/2012 by Yvonne McCarthy / 9 Comments / Leave a Comment »
Thank you Lisa Lampanelli! Yesterday I just happened to be watching an episode of Bethenny and even more unusual I was actually watching in real time. The words were being said but my brain wasn’t really comprehending.
“Weight loss surgery, lost 52 pounds, healthy and happiness”. After I recovered from my shock I collected myself and backed it up and watched again….and again…..and then again. Next I searched the internet because I usually know exactly which celebrities have weight loss surgery and found out she was announcing her weight loss surgery on that show! She and her husband Jimmy both had the Gastric Sleeve 8 weeks apart. Lisa was brave and went first. A portion of the segment can be seen in video below.
Bethenny asked her why she considered surgery and Lisa said the doctor asked “Have you noticed that you don’t see a lot of 70 year old people that look like you?” When asked about the cost (she self paid) Bethenny compared it to an expensive plastic surgery but Lisa was very quick to correct that assumption. Lisa told her the surgery saved her life!
Lisa shared our typical story….tried all the diets on earth and lost weight initially but gained more after each diet. One of the interesting parts was admitting she felt her emotions more because she wasn’t stuffing them down with food. It sounds like she’s getting the necessary psychological support to help her deal with why she ate in the first place.
And even cooler…..Lisa didn’t contact one of the diet plans to get paid for losing weight with their diet when she actually had surgery.
WOW a celebrity that just stepped out there and told it like it was. You go girl!
Leave a Comment on Facebook
Who is Bariatric Girl?
Musician, Artist, Photographer,computer geek and weight loss surgery aficionado. On March 30th, 2001, I had weight loss surgery weighing in at 260 pounds. Since that day I have lost and maintained a 130 pounds. I am a passionate animal lover, I play guitar and sing, play piano, cello, a bit of drums and the recorder (kinda like a flute). I love putting my photography and music together on video and I’m a craft making fool. My signature quote: I’m here for each of you…to hold your hand as I walk down the road ahead of you. When I see the bumps in the road, I’ll tell you where they are and that…Read More »
Search Bariatric Girl
- Now THIS clarifies food addiction!
- Cross addiction after weight loss surgery
- Man loses 300 pounds after failed WLS?
- Thank you Lisa Lampanelli!!
- Thriving! Triumph over Trauma is a must buy!
- Our community should give Carnie Wilson a break.
- Archive of the week! Why I do what I do…
- Did Paula Deen have weight loss surgery?
- Dr. Oz did a positive weight loss surgery show!!!!
- Choose your hard…
- Headless “Fat People Pictures” are worth their weight in gold.
- 38 inch Wide Casket
- I cried for an obese man
- The Butterfly Circus
- Interview with Dr. Still and Tracy from Heart on my Sleeve blog View Entire Archive »
Bariatric Girl's Favorites
- "All of Me" the movie
- A book you MUST get! Thriving! TRIUMPH over TRAUMA
- Banded Living with Gloria and Sandi
- Bari Bits
- Bariatric After Life
- Bariatric Blessings and Battles
- Bariatric Eating
- Bariatric Girl Facebook Page
- Bariatric Surgery Source
- Bariatric TV
- Frank's Place
- Get Help and Get Happy
- Lap Band Gal
- Mary Jo Rapini
- My Daily Detour
- Obesity Action Coalition
- Obesity Help
- Once upon a time in the land of cheese and sunkist
- Shan in Real Life
- The Weight Loss Surgery Channel
- The World According to Eggface
- WLSFA.org (Please join today)